Note: Open Access
WorldCat allows users to search library holdings worldwide. If we do not have an item in our collection, this is a good place to go to check to see if any other libraries in the county or region have it.
The following resources are also available through the OCLC WorldCat Discovery platform. To search one of these databases, click "Advanced Search" from the WorldCat Discovery home page, then "Add or Remove Databases" to select the database you wish to search from the list that appears. Click "Done" when you have made your selection, and perform your search.
- OCLC ArticleFirst - Offers searching and browsing of articles and tables of contents from thousands of journals. Contains bibliographic citations that describe items listed on the table of contents pages of journals in science, technology, medicine, social science, business, the humanities, and popular culture. Each record describes one article, news store, letter, or other item.
- Electronic Books (Ebooks) - contains records on all subjects cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Citations link to full text licensed from e-publishers as well as to free electronic books available from educational, government and other websites. It also includes eTheses that are available online.
- OCLC FirstSearch Electronic Collections Online - Access to journals in a variety of subject areas, all with full-image articles online. Articles from Electronic Collections Online journals are linked to corresponding citations in databases throughout the FirstSearch service. Archive only database.
- ERIC - a guide to published and unpublished sources on thousands of educational topics. ERIC records include over 150,000 full-text documents at no extra charge. The database includes the ERIC thesaurus, a complete list of descriptive terms used by ERIC to indes and search the database. From ERIC, users can link to the ERIC full-text content free-of-charge.
- GPO Monthly Catalog - Consists of records published by the GPO since July 1976, includes references for documents to congressional committee reports and hearings, debates, documents from executive departments, and more.
- MEDLINE - covers all areas of medicine, including clinical medicine, experimental medicine, dentistry, nursing, health services administration, nutrition, and much more. Includes the MeSH thesaurus.
- OAIster - OAIster is a multidisciplinary database of records that represent digital resources from more than 1100 contributors worldwide. Typical collections include: theses, technical reports, research papers and image collections. Digital resources in OAIster include items such as digitized (i.e., scanned) books and articles, born-digital texts, audio files (e.g., wav, mp3), images (e.g., tiff, gif), movies (e.g., mp4, quicktime) and datasets (e.g., downloadable statistics files).
- OCLC PapersFirst - Covers every congress, symposium, exposition, workshop, and meeting added to The British Library Document Supply Centre's (BLDSC) vast proceedings collection since October 1993. The BLDSC is a document supplier for the OCLC Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
- OCLC ProceedingsFirst - Provides tables of contents of papers presented at conferences worldwide. Each record contains a list of the papers presented at each conference. Like its companion, PapersFirst, ProceedingsFirst provides access to The British Library Document Supply Centre's vast collection of conference proceedings.
- WorldCat (the OCLC Online Union Catalog) - The world's most comprehensive bibliography, representing over 400 languages on materials ranging from stone tables to electronic books. WorldCat includes information from 2100 BC to the present with thousands of records containing evaluative content such as tables of contents, cover art, book summaries and notes about the authors. It uses the Library of Congress Subject Headings as its thesaurus. Users can also directly browse issues of periodicals in the ArticleFirst database from bibliographic records for these titles in WorldCat. WorldCat adds value to other databases in FirstSearch by linking citations to interlibrary loans and to materials in users' own libraries. Most databases in FirstSearch are enriched with over 1.7 billion holdings from WorldCat.
- WorldCat Dissertations and Theses - Contains records of dissertations, theses, and published materials based on all subjects cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Many citations link to full text licensed from NetLibrary and other electronic providers as well as to free electronic materials available from educational, government and other websites. All show library locations for all types of materials.
Note: Access: Current students, faculty, staff, on campus visitors
Worldviews: Global Religions, Culture, Ecology is an international academic journal that studies the relationships between religion, culture, and ecology worldwide. The journal addresses how cultural and ecological developments influence the world's major religions, giving rise to new forms of religious expression, and how in turn religious belief and cultural background can influence peoples' attitudes toward ecology.