Latino/a theological perspectives include the theologies of latinos and latinas. This is a diverse group including theologians, biblical scholars, clergy, and more. It mostly includes latinos and latinas within the United States, but can sometimes expand to include those in other Latin countries across the world. It is also ecumenical. Resources published primarily in English are located on this tab. Switch to the Spanish/Español tab to see a list of resources published in Spanish.
Subject Headings and Keywords
When initiating searches in the library's online catalog or databases, the following search terms may be helpful:
What's in the Stacks
Many books on latino/a theological perspectives may be found by browsing the following call numbers:
- In Our Own Voices: Latino/a Renditions of Theology, edited by Benjamín Valentín, BT 83.575 .I5 2010
- Decolonizing Epistemologies: Latina/o Theology and Philosophy, edited by Ada María Isasi-Díaz and Eduardo Mendieta, BT 83.575 .D43 2012
- Building Bridges, Doing Justice: Constructing a Latino/a Ecumenical Theology, edited by Orlando O. Espín, BR 563 .H57 B85 2009
- The Story of Latino Protestants in the United States, bu
Periodicals and eResources
There are a few periodicals dedicated to publishing latino/a theological perspectives:
- Journal of Hispanic/Latino Theology, published by the Academy of Catholic Hispanic Theologians of the United States (ACHTUS). Print issues 1993-2003 are available at the library; electronic issues through the present are available on the JHLT website.
- Apuntes, published by the Mexican American Program at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University. Print issues 1981-2019 are available at the library; full text with a one-year delay is available to LTS users from the Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials PLUS .
On the Internet
A few website resources on this topic are:
- Biblia Paralela
- Biblioteca Digital Anabautista
- La Colección Latinoamericana del Seminario Teológico de Princeton
- Asociación para la Educación Teológica Hispana (AETH)
- Las Obras de Wesley - catorce volúmenes de los escritos y revistas completas de Juan Wesley
- Working Preacher en español