System Requirements and Recommendations
Computer Operating System
- Windows 7 or later; or
- Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Linux 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.3+, or Fedora Linux 24+
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari (must be version 8 or higher)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (must be version 11 or higher)
- Microsoft Office (Office 365 is free for students)
- Google Drive apps are included with Lancaster Seminary accounts
- Libre Office
- Course documents are shared in PDF format. Mac users and anyone using Chrome or Firefox browsers will be able to view and print PDF documents without additional software. Some Windows users may want to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view PDF files.
- Some professors will ask that assignments be submitted in PDF format. All of the word processing applications listed above support export to PDF format.
- A personal computer is essential. Tablets and netbooks are not a suitable substitute for a computer.
- Students in the Weekend MDiv and DMin programs benefit from having a device with them while they are on campus. This device may be a laptop or a tablet/netbook for those who use a desktop computer elsewhere.
- Some hybrid and online courses will have synchronous video conferencing sessions. Many co-curricular programs are offered via webinar. Speakers or headphones, and a microphone are needed to participate fully in these programs. These are usually included on newer devices. A web camera may also be helpful but is not necessary.
- A link my instructor posted in Moodle doesn't work.
- How do I attach a Google Doc to a post or an assignment?
- How do I edit my profile?
- How do I upload a document to submit for an assignment?
- I cannot log in to Moodle because I cannot log in to my lancasterseminary.edu Google account.
- When I try to login to Moodle with the Google button, I get an error. How do I get in to Moodle?
- Where is my course?